Who We Are
South Ayrshire Escape from Homelessness Ltd, known as SeAscape (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
SeAscape’s registered office is at Boswell House, 10-12 Arthur Street, Ayr, KA7 1QJ. We are a registered Scottish Charity (SCO28570) and a company limited by guarantee in Scotland No SC242218. SeAscape is registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z5988796 acting as the data controller and data processor.
What Information we Collect and Why
The personal information we collect and how we use will depend on your engagement with us.
SeAscape processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and; contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than that already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect may include
• Date of Birth
• Home Address
• Personal Email
• Business Email
• Home Telephone Number
• Work Telephone Number
• Mobile Telephone Number
• National Insurance Number
• Special Category Data for Service Users (i.e. health/medical information, details about religion, sexuality, gender etc)
SeAscape collect information
A. Direct from you as follows;
• Subscribe to our on-line mailing and email alerts
• Visit our website
• Donate to or fundraise for SeAscape
• Receive a service from SeAscape
• Engage with us via Social Media
• Submit a job application
• Submit a Volunteer Application
• Submit a volunteer enquiry
• Referral forms from Commissioners regarding service users
• When you have given permission to other organisations to share your
• When we deliver services as part of a contract
• Information publicly available
• Via independent event organisers or fundraising sites (for example Virgin
Money Giving , where you have indicated that you wish to support
SeAscape and you have given your consent for information to be
• Where we have CCTV installed at our services/premises
• Cookies: very small files that are stored on your computer or smart device
visitors use our website and to make it better/easier to use.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
SeAscape takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where you have consented to us providing you with information on SeAscape and / or opportunities available within our organisation, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below;
• To provide you with a service or information you have requested
• We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for
business accounting and tax purposes
• We have a legal obligation to share your personal data with the Agencies who
commission the delivery of our services
• To fulfil a contract in support of Housing Service provided
• Provide you with information and news on SeAscape
• Keep a record of your relationship with us, to process (for example)
donations, fundraising and events activities and / or gift aid
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
• Personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data is/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information when we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We will not share your information with any other organisation for marketing, market research, fundraising or commercial purposes, and we will never sell on any information about you. Where we engage a third party to deliver a service on our behalf, for example Occupational Health, only the required data will be shared. This will be in line with data protection legislation and covered by a sharing agreement. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. Your information will be held securely and will be retained for the period we instruct.
SeAscape may be required to share your data in specific cases where we are providing a direct service/contract or where we are required by law, for example Employment Law.
How Long We Keep Your Data
SeAscape only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data (if applicable)
Owing to the services we are commissioned to provide; SeAscape sometimes need to request sensitive personal information from you.
For example, we may require medical information to help you manage your health. Where we collect sensitive personal data, we will only request the information required for the specified purpose and will always ask for your explicit consent.
Lodging A Complaint
SeAscape only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority shown below.
Chief Executive Officer
1A Mosshill Industrial Estate
Tel: 01292 285 424
Information Commissioner’s Office
45 Melville Street
Tel: 0303 123 1115
To download our policy please follow the link below